AR 2015-16 Organisation overview
CenITex is an information and communications technology (ICT) shared services agency that provides centralised ICT infrastructure, services and support to Victorian Government departments and agencies. It was created as a state-owned enterprise on 16 July 2008 to deliver integrated and reliable ICT infrastructure, application hosting and desktop services.
The Victorian Government Minister responsible for CenITex is the Minister for Finance. CenITex operates within, and reports to, the portfolio of the Department of Treasury and Finance in terms of its corporate reporting requirements.
CenITex provides ICT services to support about 32,000 Victorian public servants across six Victorian Government departments and their associated portfolio agencies, and also the Environment Protection Authority, Public Transport Victoria, Taxi Services Commission, VicForests and Victorian Ombudsman.
Key metrics (as at 30 June 2016)
Revenue – $154.7 million
Customers supported – 32,000
Staff – 528 (including 60 contractors)
Data centres – 2
Servers – 4267 (69 per cent virtualised)
Average network services availability - 99.91 per cent (99.80 per cent target)
What we deliver
Workplace services, including:
- desktop services
- file and print services
- email and diary services
- personal productivity applications
- internet access services.
Hosting services, including:
- application hosting
- storage and back-up
- restore and disaster recovery
- database and application server management.
Professional services (customer-funded projects), including:
- solution design and build
- project management.
CenITex also supplies identity and access management, ICT security services, personnel on-boarding and off-boarding, and directory services.
As at 30 June 2016, CenITex provides ICT services to the following 11 Victorian government departments and agencies:
- Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (DEDJTR)
- Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP)
- Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- Department of Justice and Regulation (DJR)
- Department of Premier and Cabinet (DPC)
- Department of Treasury and Finance (DTF)
- Public Transport Victoria (PTV)
- Victorian Ombudsman
- Environment Protection Authority (EPA)
- Taxi Services Commission (TSC)
CenITex also services the following customer associated agencies and government entities:
- Office of the Governor
- Victorian Public Sector Commission
- Office of the Chief Parliamentary Counsel
- Public Record Office Victoria
- Victorian Multicultural Commission
- Transport Safety Victoria
- Metropolitan Waste and Resource Recovery Group
- Court Services Victoria