AR 2016-17 Outlook
In October 2016, CenITex embarked on a transformation journey under the banner of Customer 2020. The vision is to transform CenITex in a manner that will be more customer-centric, provide our customers with more choice, greater responsiveness, and service efficiencies, while being comparable in cost to service providers in the market.
Some key outcomes of Customer 2020 focussed on delivering further efficiencies and maturity in our delivery model to improve the customer experience, are:
Customer aligned virtual teams … Improving alignment between Service Delivery and Customer Engagement teams around our customer base. Virtual teams, led by Customer Engagement with members from across the organisation, have been established to support the delivery of services through a partnership model with our customers, thus delivering more effective decision making. For example, the design of customer defined technology solutions and the development of proposals.
Building internal capability … Employees, working across virtual and project teams, use the new collaborative working tools to more rapidly launch new services based on evolving cloud technology platforms, such as MS Azure and AWS.
Better processes … The introduction of a new operating model provides a focus on the following three end-to-end customer process streams to deliver a more agile and customer orientated focus:
- Customer Services Delivery Process Stream
- Project Delivery Process Stream
- New Products and Services Delivery Process Stream.
Reporting, pricing and cost transparency … Improved price setting and costing, together with tracking and monitoring of products and services will enable our customers to make more informed decisions regarding their service options. Reporting is standardised for all customers to provide improved transparency of the products and services they are consuming.
The Victorian Government’s Information Technology Strategy 2016-2020 seeks to increase the effectiveness of government through digital first delivery of services and interaction with citizens. The four priorities outlined in this Strategy are also guiding CenITex in a complex and ever changing government ICT environment:
- reforming how government manages and makes transparent its information and data;
- seizing opportunities from the digital revolution;
- reforming government’s underlying technology; and
- lifting the capability of government employees to implement ICT solutions that are innovative, contemporary and beneficial.
The public sector ICT landscape is rapidly evolving with the changing nature of Government service delivery, changing workforce practices that now include higher levels of flexibility and mobility, the rise of cyber threats, and the opportunities of maturing cloud capabilities to reduce some ICT costs and potentially speed up ICT delivery timeframes – all have implications for an organisation dedicated to offering responsive, high quality shared ICT services. CenITex must be ready to quickly and proactively adapt to the needs of customers in this rapidly changing marketplace.
CenITex will work with its customers to support them in the development of a more modern public sector aligned to Government initiatives, including services that enable increased flexibility in client workforce arrangements. This means enabling decisions that determine when, where and how work is accomplished through provision of powerful collaborative working technologies and through supporting mobile technologies and preference in choice of user devices (in alignment with customer needs).
8.2 The future
The following principles guide us:
- sharing a transparent, consultative and collaborative approach through customer led forums so the customer perspective is always uppermost in our thinking;
- facilitating the pooling of investments so more cost effective ICT shared services can be designed, sourced and made available to customers;
- establishing effective governance to ensure accountability and responsibility for agreed outcomes is transparent;
- finding opportunities for market based solutions and benchmark before we choose to build services;
- focusing on innovative projects that deliver shared efficiencies and improved service;
- continuing to ensure the delivery of standard, long duration services so that customers have certainty, capability and service;
- minimising potential impact on customers and the community by addressing and managing risk and seeking all pathways that lead to sustained substantial improvements in our service quality and service availability; and
- ensuring that the root cause of service outages is always thoroughly investigated and the knowledge used to inform service design to improve performance and resilience.
- To meet customer demands and expectations today and in the future, CenITex is pro-actively:
- transforming engagement with customers by aligning resources across the business to deliver knowledge and expertise where it is needed;
- continuously seeking to mitigate the impact of incidents on customers with the vision of eliminating impact altogether;
- providing transparent and collaborative decision-making so that customers and stakeholders are engaged with, and understand significant service delivery options;
- improving our customer project management delivery and our capability to service requests in a timely manner;
- assisting customers to meet increasing cyber threats and to keep government services secure;
- working in partnership with our customers in creation of innovative new services, and enhancement of existing services;
- enabling new customers ease of access to the secure GSP to gain the benefits of scale, integration, efficiency and reduced cost;
- managing the financial impact of legacy assets as migration to the cloud increases.
- The essence of our governance will be on working with customers as key partners within a risk-management and agreed service-assurance framework that supports compliance and reporting obligations.
8.3 Our focus
The Victorian Government’s Information Technology Strategy 2016-2020 seeks to increase the effectiveness of government through digital first delivery of services and interaction with citizens.
CenITex aims to align with, and complement this strategy by adopting a customer-centric approach and providing ICT services that directly support evolving service delivery models. CenITex has committed the following four Strategic Objectives to support customers:
- Improve service quality and drive down costs;
- Drive a focus on customer service and grow our customer base;
- Build a high performing and engaged organisation by investing in our people; and
- Embrace innovation and rapidly introduce new ICT services.
1. Improve service quality and drive down costs
||Service availability greater than 99%||Monthly SLA review|
|Interactive service reports available to customers in real time||2nd quarter 2017‒18|
|Asset management strategy implemented||Monthly review against budget and expected benefits|
|Service roadmaps aligned to customer needs||Account Plans articulate link to Service Roadmaps|
|Service automation to drive efficiency||10% increase in automation of GSP services|
|Enterprise resource platform implemented||1st quarter 2017‒18|
2. Drive a focus on customer services and grow our customer base
||Customer account plans developed and implemented||1st quarter 2017‒18|
|Customer acquisition strategy implemented and reported||1st quarter 2017‒18|
|Customer satisfaction survey action plans implemented and reported||2nd quarter 2017‒18|
|Three new customers consuming services.||4th quarter 2017‒18|
|Review and refresh both the inter/intranet sites||2nd quarter 2017‒18|
3. Build a high performing and engaged organisation by investing in our people.
||Customer 2020 change management program delivered||3rd quarter 2017‒2018 outcomes review|
|Accommodation and work practices strategy approved||2nd quarter 2017‒18|
|Develop and implement an attraction and retention strategy||4th quarter 2017‒18|
|Diversity program implemented and reported||3rd quarter 2017‒18|
|Staff engagement and alignment “pulse” survey improved engagement||5% increase in overall engagement|
4. Embrace innovation and rapidly introduce new ICT services
||Two-year technology roadmap agreed with customers||4th quarter 2017‒18|
|GO Office 365 uptake by three customers||4th quarter 2017‒18|
|CenITex innovative workpractices program developed and reported||3rd quarter 2017‒18|
|Phase 2 – 2020 security strategy approved||4th quarter 2017‒18|