Application Modernisation Revive
The Application Modernisation Revive Service is a solution offered by Cenitex to allow customers to overcome the challenges associated with legacy business applications hosted on old, often unsupported versions of Windows Server Operating Systems due to compatibility constraints.
The solution provides a pattern-based approach to assess and natively migrate the application from its legacy Windows Server OS version to a modern and in-support Windows Server OS version, whether on the VicGov Private Cloud, Public Cloud or any other hosting location.
Application Modernisation features
Revive also known as application modernisation service, is a solution provided by Cenitex in partnership with a third-party technology partner.
It aims to extend the product lifecycle of legacy applications running on end of support (EOS) and outdated Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016 including 32 & 64-bit compatibility).
Cenitex Revive service includes the following components:
Discovery & Assessment – Phase 1
- Discover and assess Windows server inventory, application dependencies and resource utilisation
- Capture architectural data
- Assess virtualisation potential and
- Assess architectural gaps
- Classify complexity: Standard or Complex
Modernisation – Phase 2
- Prepare migration strategy for all identified unsupported Windows platforms
- Design New deployment platform based on assessment data
- Test migrations and migrate workload
- Rollback failed migrations
- Report, Smoke test, UAT and Performance test
Health Checks – Ongoing
- Annual Assessment and remediation of compatibility issues caused by configuration changes in the legacy applications, OS updates and patches post modernisation.
- Annual Health Check is an optional service component for managed customers and mandatory for customers not managed by Cenitex
Project Coordination is included.
- Minimum of 5 servers
- Customers to supply the server(s) (physical or virtual) and volume storage to be used as the target state for modernisation activities.
- Completion of Phase 1 and assessment outcome as “feasible” are prerequisites for Phase 2.
- Customer to run User Acceptance Testing (UAT) as part of sign-off process
Operating System and Support
The offering is based on a combination of one-off professional services and annual Health Checks.
Per server costs vary depending on the total number of servers in scope
- 90-day warranty period
- Request fulfilment business hours