GitHub Platform Management
This service offers a cloud-based enterprise GitHub environment to support customers software development teams to collaborate effectively and efficiently across programs. It provides access to best practice guidance to support software development maturity and GitHub premium support.
Serving as a managed services provider, the Cenitex platform encompasses a single enterprise housing multiple government departments retaining individual configuration and security boundaries.
A GitHub Enterprise (GHE) cloud-based environment in the form of a GitHub Organisation.
This is a standard GitHub Cloud environment provided out of GitHub’s Cloud Data Centres located in the United States.
- Enterprise level management and governance policies by Cenitex.
- Organisational Owner privileges for the customer to self-maintain the users, permissions, and structure of their Organisation.
- Access to GitHub Premium support.
- Access to a DevOps Centre of Excellence for best practices and guidance to support software development maturity.
- Customers do not need to be on the Government Shared Platform to use the service.
- Customers users will require a GitHub account to be created (performed during invitation process). This account can be pre-existing and need not be their Business account. The business rules around this are determined by the customer.
- It is highly recommended that customers configure SAML authentication between their business identity provider, and the GitHub Organisation. This ensures that only GitHub accounts which authenticate can access GitHub content. Customers are provided Organisational Owner access and can implement this directly.
GitHub has a wide range of features and consumption elements that customers can choose to enable and are chargeable. If enabled, these charges are passed through to the customer at standard pricing.
- GitHub Actions
- GitHub Packages
- GitHub Large File Support
- GitHub Copilot
- GitHub Codespaces
- GitHub Advanced Security
Customers commit to annual GHE licensing starting 1 April through 31 March, with the option to adjust quantities upon yearly renewal. Additional users can be added at any time, charged pro-rata for the remaining year. Pricing is quoted annually, billed quarterly in arrears, but an up-front payment option is available upon request.
- Accessible 24/7/365
- Request fulfilment business hours
- Available 99.8%